Boston stripper arrested on old warrant after claiming fling with A-Rod

A former stripper who claims she had a two-night stand with Alex Rodriguez is learning the hard way that if you dish dirt you might get dirty.

Candice Houlihan has been arrested on an old warrant that had been dormant until she surfaced last week to blab about sleeping with the Yankee slugger.

"I think it's pretty much because I'm kind of out there right now," Houlihan of Reading, Mass., told the Boston Herald.

The exotic dancer-turned-hairdresser said State Police tracked her down Thursday night at her mother's house in Wakefield, Mass., and hauled her off in handcuffs
"in front of my 70-year-old aunt."

A Massachusetts State Police spokesman confirmed yesterday that Houlihan was arrested on a four-year-old warrant on charges she had an unregistered and uninsured car.

Houlihan, 32, blamed the charges on her cat-sitter, who took her car for a joyride when was on vacation.

She appeared in Lynn, Mass., District Court Friday and paid a $400 fine to clear up the matter. She had been stripped of her driving privileges because of the warrant.

"I'm glad that it's over with and now I can move on, and I can still drive," Houlihan said.

Houlihan made front-page headlines in New York and in Boston last week when she revealed she had sex with A-Rod in his Boston hotel room twice in 2004. Their last romp, she said, occurred during the Bombers' American League Championship Series against the Red Sox.

"I felt bad afterward," she said. "I'm not a bad person. I know how it feels to be cheated on, it sucks. But a couple of drinks later, I didn't notice all that much, to tell you the truth."

She cheered on Rodriguez's wife, Cynthia, for finally getting fed up with his cheating and filing for divorce.

The arrest is just the latest bad break for Houlihan since she went first went public with her dalliances with the Yankees' $275 million third-baseman.

She told her story to the Globe supermarket tabloid in June 2007.

The publicity caused her to lose her job at a hair salon and it brought back old memories of an infamous Boston murder she witnessed as a teenager.

Houlihan was a 19-year-old waitress at the 99 Restaurant & Pub in Boston, when three patrons she was serving opened fire killing four mobsters sitting in a nearby booth.

"It was terrifying," Houlihan recalled last week. "I waited on the gunmen. I witnessed these guys get murdered. I've had some weird days in my life, but that was definitely the weirdest."

0 comments: